A Point Job Description For an Affiliate Manager
Affiliate marketing represents an extremely ground-breaking channel where you to give a merchant, as the designer of intellectual property like an item or administration, with a partner who is innovative and entrepreneurial, and who will advance their item or administration on a pay for performance basis. We will zero in on online intellectual property here however it tends to be either online or a blocks and mortar business.
In any affiliate program the merchant’s risk is minimal – if the affiliate does not perform they do not get paid. In contrast to other kinds of online marketing, for example, pay-per-snap and banner advertising where merchant’s risk money upfront, affiliate marketing is carefully pay-for-performance.
Fruitful affiliate programs have several features in common
They have dedicated affiliate managers responsible for the achievement of the program. You need to be dedicated with the experience and talent to assemble and maintain the program and extract the most from the affiliates you enroll. You may well have a marketing or marketing management background.
A good affiliate manager gives the merchant a range of administrations including enrollment; maintaining regular communication with affiliates; assistance or responsibility for website architecture; advertising and promotion; reporting; program strategic direction; and setting and maintain benchmarks for measuring the effective performance of the program amongst other things.
affiliate management is a business. As such you need to be clear about what you are doing and where the effort needs to be applied to obtain the ideal outcomes.
Your expected set of responsibilities reads this way:
- Reporting to Merchant. Maintain regular contact with the merchant, monitor their program, and discuss any issues about program direction and income goals.
- Maintaining Affiliate Management Software. Select the appropriate management software for you to operate your business and check to ensure the merchant website is appropriately tracking affiliate sales.
- Providing General Affiliate Marketing Support. Offer help, advice and consulting for the day to day operation of the affiliate program including training and backing to affiliates to improve conversions.
- Affiliate Recruitment. Find and enlist high-traffic, high income generating affiliates and handle all communications between affiliates.
- Motivating Affiliates. Actively motivate affiliates to perform. This may be through special income generating promotions, contests, goal setting including special income sharing deals with chose and known top industry performers. You will also create and distribute newsletters including value variations, specials, activations and new affiliate material
- Responding to Affiliate Inquiries. Give ideal responses to affiliate inquiries as well as developing and maintaining FAQ’s and an information base.
- Marketing Your Business. Developing your business further by finding new merchant customers and new affiliate programs where you can add value.